Brevard’s General Science program is an interdisciplinary exploration of the sciences that lays a solid foundation for higher learning. You discover math, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology through hands-on, project-based classes, and outdoor labs and experiments.
Choose to pair your General Science major with the K-12 science Teacher Licensure program or continue along a path of learning in medicine, dentistry, veterinary school, physical and occupational therapy, or science journalism.
What you’ll experience in the General Science program:
- Develop a strong foundation in all the sciences: biology, chemistry, environmental science, geology, physics, and math.
- Explore exciting career opportunities in areas like medicine, dentistry, veterinary school, physical and occupational therapy, and science journalism.
- Choose from diverse and stimulating courses like “Environmental Chemistry,” “Evolutionary Biology,” and “Historical Geology.”
- Gain the academic training necessary to teach science in high school, and pair it with a Teacher Licensure for grades K-12.
- In preparation for grad school, you’ll research, produce, and present a senior project of your choice based in any of the sciences.
Majors, Minors, and Concentrations:
Receive a Bachelor of Science (BS) in General Science. Pair their Science degree with K-12 Science Teacher Licensure. Minors in Chemistry and Geology also available.
A General Science degree from Brevard can lead to careers in a variety of fields:
- Primary & Secondary Science Teacher
- Research and Data Collection
- Writer in science, technology, or natural history
- Supplement cross-discipline education
General Science Department Faculty:
Waterfall to Student Ratio
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.