Delve into the science of the Earth. Study the planet's physical structures, substances, history, and more. In the Geology Minor at Brevard College, you'll study a broad range of topics with dedicated faculty members who will give you the time and attention you need to succeed both in and out of the classroom.
At Brevard College, your very own backyard becomes your classroom. There are endless opportunities to experience immersive research in the beautiful mountains that surround our campus. Get the benefits of experiential academics and applicable experience in your program of study so you can work towards your professional goals.
What you'll experience in the geology minor:
- Make your college experience an academic adventure with Brevard’s dedication to learning by doing and taking learning outside of the classroom.
- Explore a wide range of topics such as physical geology, historical geology, mineralogy, environmental geology, structural geology, geomorphology, and more.
- Answer real-life challenges in the geological field by combining foundational studies with current research and theories.
- Gain field research and testing experience that applies both in and out of the classroom.
- Engineering geologist
- Geophysicist/field seismologist
- Wellsite geologist
- Environmental consultant
- Sustainability consultant
- Geographical information systems officer
- Planning and development surveyor
Brevard College is consistently recognized as one of the best liberal arts colleges. The College’s focus on experiential learning, small class sizes, and location the mountains of Western North Carolina near Asheville makes Brevard a top choice college for students around the world.
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.