Minor in Health Science and Physical Education
The Minor in Health Science and Physical Education at Brevard College combines a wide range of life sciences and education studies.
Brevard's comprehensive program gives you the foundation and applied experience that you need to succeed both in and out of the classroom.
Faculty are dedicated to helping you learn the way that you want to. Tailor your academic adventure to best prepare you for your goals.
What you'll experience in the Health and Physical Education minor
- Collaborate with a complementary academic program like Chemistry, Ecology, Fitness Leadership or Biology to maximize your professional and competitive range.
- Discover immersive research opportunities at Brevard College as well as in the local community that will not only help you further your studies but also and make lasting connections.
- Learn by doing with Brevard’s dedication to experiential academics.
- Combine research with practical application to become a well-rounded health and physical science educator prepared to meet your professional goals.
- Explore and further your own interests and learn the way that you want to with a wide range of opportunities and tracks within the department.
MAJORS, MINORS, AND CONCENTRATIONS
The Health Science minor is intended for those who wish to pursue a career in a health science field (medicine, nursing, physician’s assistant, veterinary, dental, etc.). Students often pair their BA degree with a K-12 Health and Physical Education Teacher Licensure.
- Exercise physiologist
- Fitness center manager
- Personal trainer
- Secondary school teacher
- Sports administrator
- Sports coach
- Sports development officer
- Sports therapist
- Recreation director
- Assistant coach
- Sports manager
- Wellness coach
- Community health educator