The Pre-Veterinary program at Brevard College is designed to prepare you for a career in animal caregiving. Graduate with the knowledge and applied experience that you need to confidently move forward and meet your academic and professional goals.
Relationships that you will build with your faculty prove vital to helping you achieve your goals of attending veterinary school. These programs are highly selective, and Brevard's faculty can prove instrumental towards helping you achieve your goals.
What you'll experience in the Pre-Veterinary program
- Veterinary observation and direct experience that will make your application more competitive.
- Work one-on-one with dedicated, innovative faculty and develop lifelong friendships, mentorships, and connections.
- An education with a strong liberal arts foundation.
- Teachers and mentors who help you explore, nurture, and expand your interests.
- Guidance so you can hit developmental and procedural milestones and be prepared to apply for graduate and professional programs.
MAJORS, MINORS, AND CONCENTRATIONS
For acceptance to some professional schools you may choose any major, taking courses required for the professional school in the Division of Science and Mathematics.
Students interested in pre-dentistry, pre-medicine, pre-nursing, pre-veterinary, and other pre-health professional school studies may major in Biology or Health Science Studies in the Division of Science and Mathematics or major in Integrated Studies with appropriate emphases.
For acceptance to some professional schools, students may choose any major, taking courses required for the professional school in the Division of Science and Mathematics.
- Study Veterinary Medicine in Graduate School
- Pet Care Specialist
- Environmental Consultant
- Higher Education Lecturer
- Nature Conservation Officer
- Research Scientist (medical)
- Research Scientist (life sciences)
- Veterinary Nurse