As a Sustainable Agriculture student, you will earn a B.S. degree in Environmental Studies with a concentration in Sustainable Agriculture. Our curriculum focuses on small to mid-scale diversified operations that are traditional to our region. We offer the only approved North Carolina Teaching Certification in Agriculture Education in Western North Carolina that is approved by the Department of Public Instruction. Our experiential education mission means that students apply what they learn to real-life projects through internships and field experiences, employing sustainable solutions to agricultural challenges.
- Work as an agricultural educator in the North Carolina public school system.
- Pursue a career in extension and outreach in agriculture and resource conservation organizations.
- Help manage and run agricultural operations.
- Become involved in agriculture advocacy through one of many non-profit organizations promoting agricultural sustainability and resilience.
- Continue your studies in graduate school.
Majors, Minors, and Certifications
- B.S. Degree in Environmental Studies with a concentration in Sustainable Agriculture.
- North Carolina Teaching Certification in Agriculture Education: Agriculture Education students complete both the B.S. degree in Environmental Studies with a concentration in Sustainable Agriculture and the North Carolina Teaching Certification in Agriculture Education.
- For students who have an interest in Agriculture but are pursuing other major programs, we offer a Minor in Sustainable Agriculture.
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.