Brevard College is proud to offer a comprehensive education to students with a wide range of learning styles, including those who face special challenges in the learning process. Our Disability Services Office makes sure all students have equal access to a quality education by providing the reasonable accommodations required to succeed and grow as a scholar. Here you will be supported as you develop confidence, discover academic strengths and weaknesses, and cultivate the tools for classroom success. Brevard’s staff will advocate with you and your professors to create accessible learning environments.
Services for Disabled Students
- Receive individualized attention from our knowledgeable Disabilities Specialist whenever you need. Schedule an appointment as soon as possible so you can take advantage of our services early in the semester.
- We work with students and faculty to develop individualized learning strategies and reasonable accommodations. Some examples of accommodations include:
- Extended test time
- Testing in a distraction-reduced setting
- Use of a computer or assistive technology
- Books in audio format or via screen reader
To be eligible for the office’s services and accommodations, students must provide documentation of a disability from an appropriate licensed professional. For more specific information about documentation requirements, please contact our Disability Specialist. Reasonable accommodations modify or adjust a course, program, or activity, and provide equal access to a range of services, equipment, and course alternatives. Disability Services works with students and faculty to develop appropriate strategies and accommodations to meet a student’s disability-related needs for each term.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Brevard College is consistently recognized as one of the best liberal arts colleges. The College’s focus on experiential learning, small class sizes, and location the mountains of Western North Carolina near Asheville makes Brevard a top choice college for students around the world.
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.