The J.A. Jones Library &
Experiential Learning Commons (ELC)
The James Addison Jones Library and Experiential Learning Commons (ELC) is front-and-center as visitors enter campus, a testament to Brevard’s commitment to knowledge and learning. The Library and ELC are more than a warehouse of books and information. This place is a vibrant and active learning center where students collaborate or work independently, discovering new ideas and building a deeper understanding of classroom content.
Library & ELC highlights include:
- New furnishings and technology to support study and experiential projects.
- Offices for key academic and social support staff, including Academic Coaches, Success Mentors, and Accessibility Services.
- Friendly librarians and staff to help students succeed. Every student is assigned their own personal librarian to help with research and class projects.
- Modern collections including over 300,000+ ebooks (and 50,000 print books), 25,000+ streaming video and audio resources, 36,000+ journal titles, and the ability to borrow from other libraries worldwide. Electronic resources always available from the library website, on or off campus.
- Equipment check-out for work and fun: GoPro cameras, laptops and tablets and more.