Brevard College is the ideal location for studying the natural world.
The Environmental Studies program takes you from the classroom and lab into the outdoors for hands-on, experiential learning.
Examine water quality through invertebrate studies in King’s Creek on campus, or head into the Pisgah National Forest high country to discover the plant life of the Shining Rock Wilderness.
What you’ll experience in the Environmental Studies program:
- Your faculty are experts in their fields. You’ll work one-on-one with your professors who are published scholars and researchers.
- The Environment Studies classroom has no walls. You’ll have class in nearby forests. You’ll examine insect and plant life around the college’s King’s Creek in your Ecology lab. You can intern with the nearby US Forest Service, National Park Service, and State Forest Service Professionals.
- You’ll make a positive impact on the natural world. You’ll work with and learn from cutting-edge environmental professionals and help the college and town of Brevard solve real world environmental problems.
- You’ll conduct research and publish your work. You can design, implement, and publish your own research for your Senior Science Project.
Majors, Minors, and Concentrations:
Graduates from the Environmental Science program go on to:
- Run their own sustainable businesses
- Work as environmental consultants, research scientists, and park rangers
- Farm using sustainable agricultural principles and practices
- Earn graduate degrees in Biology, Ecology, Geographic Information Systems, and Environmental Law
Brevard College is consistently recognized as one of the best liberal arts colleges. The College’s focus on experiential learning, small class sizes, and location the mountains of Western North Carolina near Asheville makes Brevard a top choice college for students around the world.
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.