Over the years, planned gifts from thoughtful alumni have made a significant difference for Brevard College. In lean economic times, estate gifts have helped the college to keep pace financially. In more robust times, planned gifts have made it possible for Brevard College to thrive!
Those who inform us of a planned gift are welcomed into the Sims Society, with special recognition and benefits, including a brick engraved in your honor. To discuss ways to plan ahead and benefit both your family and Brevard College, please contact Jeff Joyce, Director of Development, at 828-641-0170.
Planned giving in action
Types of planned gifts
- Sims Society - Gifts of Bequest - A gift through your estate plan is an easy way for you to make a future gift. By including Brevard College in your will and estate plan, you ensure student success for the next generation. Join the Sims Society. The Sims Society is our way to recognize and thank those who have included a gift to Brevard College in their estate plan.
- Gifts of Stocks and Bonds - A gift of your securities, including your stocks or bonds, is an easy way for you to make a gift. By making a gift of your appreciated securities, you can avoid paying capital gains tax that would otherwise be due if you sold these assets.
- Gifts of Retirement Assets - A gift of your retirement assets, such as a gift from your IRA, 401k, 403b, pension or other tax deferred plan, is an excellent way to make a gift. By making a gift of your retirement assets, you will help students succeed.
- Gift of Insurance - A gift of your life insurance policy is an excellent way to make a gift to us. If your life insurance policy is no longer needed or will no longer benefit your survivors, consider making a gift and help further student support.
- Gifts of Real Estate - A gift of your real property (such as your vacation property, vacant land, farmland, or commercial property) can make a great gift. If you own appreciated real property, you can avoid paying capital gains tax by making a gift to the college.
- Gifts of Cash - A gift of cash is a simple and easy way for you to make a gift. You will receive a charitable tax deduction that will provide you with savings on this year's tax return.