Gender Studies & Leadership
From humanities to sciences, policy, media & everything between, a Gender Studies Minor at Brevard College will strengthen your degree as you examine how gender impacts your field. Work one-on-one with dedicated faculty to work through controversial gender theory concepts and theologies, develop ideas, and apply your studies to the real world.
The Minor in Gender Studies will provide you with an historical and political understanding of social inequalities related to women and gender. It will also help you strengthen and develop your analytical, research, and writing skills.
When you graduate from Brevard College with a Gender Studies Minor you'll have the skills and applied experience needed to achieve your professional goals.
What you'll experience in the gender studies minor
- Explore topics like the politics of social justice, intersectionality, sexual violence, gender and power, freedom, liberty, and more.
- Strengthen your critical thinking and analytical skills through studying gender-centric issues.
- Achieve a better understanding of the concepts of gender, ideologies surrounding them, and their impact.
- Make your college experience an academic adventure with Brevard’s dedication to learning by doing and taking learning outside of the classroom.
- Discuss, research, and explore current social controversies and issues.
- Sociologist / sociological researcher
- Nonprofits / advocacy groups leaders
- Political leadership
- Public relations manager
- Human Resources Diversity Specialist
- Family Support Worker
- Settlement & Youth Worker
- Corporate Communications Coordinator
- Community Service Agency Director
- Executive Director of a Non-Profit Organization
- Union Organizer
- Project Manager
- Public Policy Analyst