The Pre-Law Minor gives you the foundational knowledge and critical thinking abilities that are essential to success in the field of law. This program is specifically designed for students who are interested in attending law school.
You’ll be prepared to accept the challenges of any graduate law program. Our professors are committed to preparing you for law school and the professional world through engaged classes, one-on-one mentoring, and real-life experiences.
You'll have the opportunity to research topics and analyze case studies. Master the elements of legal practice that will not only help you in your career, but also prepare you to know what to look for in a law school post graduation.
Pre-Law minors can enter into any field or profession! Here's a small sample of what you can do with a Pre-Law minor from Brevard College:
- Legal Assistant
- Human Resources Representative
- Compliance Officer
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Real Estate Agent
- Law Librarian
- Government Relations Officer
- Work with your personal academic advisor to tailor your academic journey to best fit your individual interests and passions.
- Hone in your communication skills. Develop a valuable toolkit of knowledge and experience in the research, writing, and analysis of legal documents.
- Gain twofold benefits: not only does the Pre-Law Minor familiarize you with the fundamentals to prepare for life as a successful law student, but also prepares you to make an informed decision regarding your future career and school choices.
- Participate on the Ethics Bowl Team or work on a local or regional political campaign.
- Explore internships with local government and law facilities.