Brevard’s Psychology Program offers a unique and dynamic educational experience. Innovative faculty members give you a solid academic foundation, train you in your chosen career path, and personally cultivate you to be an active professional.
Graduates are equipped to continue their education or gain immediate employment in social work, vocational services, or clinical psychology. Learn how some Psychology students are making an impact!
[S]tudents in the Psychology of Discrimination class have engaged in collaborative community outreach to help educate others on the psychology of racism, classism and sexism. That outreach included a trip to the Cindy Platt Boys and Girls Club of Transylvania County to instruct youth on themes such as social identity, equality and privilege.
These examples of outreach by the Brevard College students to the community are a manifestation of an experiential, collaborative curriculum within the Psychology major.
Read More of Psychology Students Gain Skills to Help Others
About the Psychology Program
Psychology majors will have a broad background and are equipped to continue their education or gain immediate employment in social work, vocational services, or clinical psychology. Here is a small sample of careers you can pursue with a Psychology degree.
- Direct Case Management
- Job Coach, Vocational Services
- Brain and Spinal Tumor Social Worker
- Experimental Psychology
- Data Analysis
- Post-Master’s grad student, Special Needs Education
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Brevard College graduates have proven that you can do anything with a Psychology degree. Below is a list of job titles of graduates from Brevard's Psychology Program:
- Social Service Assistant
- Mental Health Counselor
- Operations Manager
- Substance Abuse Social Worker
- Physical Therapist
- Chief Executive
- Education Administrator
- Risk Management Specialist
- Computer Systems Analyst
- School Psychologist
- Guidance Counselor
- Vocational Counselor
- Recreational Therapist
- Acute Care Nurse
- Psychiatric Technician
WHAT YOU’LL EXPERIENCE IN THE PSYCHOLOGY PROGRAM
- Learn about your own personality and be able to interpret others' profiles, and to apply developmental principles in your own life.
- Choose from interactive and exciting classes like “Abnormal Psychology,” “Theories of Personality,” and “Developmental Psychology.”
- Experience a final full semester of an internship of your choice in the field, or contribute to the field of psychology through a research thesis.
- Explore a variety of field-related careers early in your education, including case management and social work, institutional and non-profit research, advertising, and human resources.
- Learn how you are affected by the presence of others and about pathology and mental disorders.
Psychology majors receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology. A minor in Psychology is also available.
Come experience the Brevard College Psychology Program for yourself!
Visitation is the best way to see if our Psychology Program is a good fit for you.