Why Study Communication?
Communication majors are employed in nearly every industry.
You can work in public relations, marketing, business, hospitality, education, and health care related industries.
The new major in Communication is pending approval by the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
in Marketing, Social Media, Journalism, and more
Every successful Communications career requires a broad skill set-clear, concise articulation in writing and speech, combined with the ability to match tone with context. With a degree from Brevard, you'll explore the different career paths in front of you and develop the job-ready skills that will propel you into your future.
About the Communication Program
Brevard College's Communication Program prepares you for wide-ranging opportunities across multiple industries.
Communication graduates work in:
- Advertising and Marketing
- Business or Corporate Executive
- Digital Media and Communications
- Graduate or Law School
- News Reporter, Editor, or Producer
- Public Relations Specialist
- Publishing Assistant or Editor
- Language Arts Teacher
- Technical Writer
- Create purpose driven- communication plans that effectively communicate important information to particular audiences.
- Learn how to craft particular visual and textual message to specific audiences on various media.
- Become a published writer, editor, and designer. Contribute to, edit, and publish our "Best-of-Show" award-winning student-run newspaper The Clarion or the literary and arts journal Chiaroscuro.
- Engage in active and timely scholarship. Submit and present scholarly work at an academic or literary conference, or attend a regional or national conference.
- Develop skills in digital media. Plan and record a podcast, shoot and direct a video, research and create a travel blog, or write and produce an original play for your capstone senior project.
Communication majors receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communication
Come experience Brevard's Communication Program for yourself!
Visitation is the best way to see if our Communication Program is a good fit for you.