Computer Science & Data Analytics
A degree in Computer Science and Data Analytics from Brevard College will prepare you for a wide-variety of careers in information technology, website development, computer programming, and systems analyst.
Brevard's program combines these sought after skills with additional training and expertise in data analytics. You'll gain the skills necessary to build algorithms for business, and you'll learn how to use data and build systems to improve business operations.
The Computer Science and Data Analytics major is pending approval by the Southern Association Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
#7 Fastest Growing
Tech Hub in the US
According to LinkedIn, the greater Asheville area is the 7th fastest growing tech hub in the country. Studying Computer Science & Data Analytics at Brevard will grant you access to a multitude of internship and networking opportunities to help you hone job-ready skills for your future in tech.
About the Computer Science & Data Analytics Program
Brevard College's Computer Science & Data Analytics Program prepares you for a variety of careers in one of the fastest growing sectors in the world.
With a degree in Computer Science and Data Analytics, you can become a...
- Information Technologist
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Engineer
- Game Designer
- Systems Analysts
- Data Scientists
- Data Analysts
- Data Engineer
- Learn how to use and write computer programming languages
- Learn the formulas and technologies needed to examine data trends
- Learn how businesses and other industries use data to make informed decisions
- Gain valuable communication skills and how to interpret data
- Use motion detectors in Calculus labs to relate position and velocity graphs.
- Participate in investigations involving coins, cards, and M&Ms in probability and statistics.
- Use MAPLE, MATLAB, and GEOMETER's SKETCHPAD software to enhance learning in appropriate math classes and labs.
- Use high-level scientific computing that will serve in programming design and algorithm development.
- Study machine learning by using our Oculus Virtual Reality headset to visualize mathematical functions
Computer Science and Data Analytics majors receive a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science and Data Analytics.
Come experience the Brevard College Computer Science & Data Analytics Program for yourself!
Visitation is the best way to see if our Computer Science & Data Analytics Program is a good fit.