Leadership Theory & Practice
Brevard’s Minor in Leadership Theory and Practice combines leadership education and a variety of related electives to allow for an individualized minor program. Work closely with your advisor to pick a wide range of classes including Leadership, Argumentation and Debate, Communications, Philosophy, Sociology, Outdoor Education, Management, Organizational Theory, Total Quality Management, and Ethics, as well as leadership practicum/internship experiences on-campus or in businesses, non-profit organizations, social organizations, and more. The practicum and internship experiential learning requirements allow you to tailor your minor and further your leadership knowledge and skills through practical application.
The Minor in Leadership Theory and Practice at Brevard College represents innovation through interdisciplinary formal education, personal reflection, and experiential activities, and will place you at the “tip of the spear” in contemporary leadership development.
- Comprehend perspectives on leadership including theory, practice, styles, and models.
- Develop a dynamic personal philosophy of what leadership means.
- Apply knowledge of leadership in experiential settings.
- Value the roll of ethics, integrity, and transformation in leadership.
- Demonstrate critical thinking through oral and written communication skills.
- Accumulated community service hours
- Leadership roles in student organizations (positional or otherwise)
- Attendance at leadershp workshops
- Leadership excursions
- Internships with a leadership focus
- Exposure to activities such as shadowing, workshops, informational interviews, or lecture series attendance
- Research on leadership topics
STUDENT TO FACULTY RATIO
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.