Master of Business Administration (MBA) online/virtual program
Beginning January 2024
An MBA (Master of Business Administration) offers numerous benefits to professionals seeking career advancement and personal growth. The Brevard College online MBA offers unique advantages to students. It combines classroom learning with hands-on experiences, enabling practical application of knowledge. Students gain real-world problem-solving skills, teamwork abilities, and industry exposure focusing on the individual student, their interests and personal career. This online immersive approach enhances employability, fosters innovation, and prepares graduates for leadership roles in dynamic business environments.
An MBA equips individuals with a comprehensive understanding of business principles, strategy, and leadership skills. The program fosters critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities, preparing graduates for managerial roles across industries. Additionally, an MBA provides an extensive network of contacts and connections, facilitating access to job opportunities and collaborations. The degree enhances earning potential, with MBA holders often commanding higher salaries compared to those without advanced business degrees. Lastly, an MBA instills confidence, credibility, and a global perspective, empowering graduates to navigate the complex challenges of today's competitive business landscape.
This program is offered online.
GRE & GMAT
There's also no application fee.
Here is a sampling of career paths and advancements as a result of obtaining your MBA with a student-centered, experiential approach from Brevard College:
- Entrepreneurship: Developing and launching your own business venture, applying the knowledge and skills gained through experiential learning to navigate the challenges of starting and growing a business.
- Innovation Management: Working in innovation-focused roles within established organizations, driving the development and implementation of new ideas, products, or services.
- Project Management: Managing and leading projects within organizations, overseeing timelines, budgets, and teams to ensure successful project execution.
- Consulting: Pursuing a career in management consulting, leveraging the problem-solving and analytical skills gained through experiential learning to help organizations solve complex business challenges.
- Business Development: Playing a key role in identifying new business opportunities, building partnerships, and expanding the organization's market reach.
- Marketing and Brand Management: Applying experiential learning to develop and execute marketing strategies, manage brand reputation, and create compelling marketing campaigns.
- Operations Management: Applying experiential knowledge to optimize business operations, improve efficiency, and streamline processes within organizations.
- Strategic Planning: Assisting organizations in developing long-term goals, formulating strategies, and implementing initiatives to achieve competitive advantage.
- Social Impact and Sustainability: Working in roles that focus on social responsibility, sustainability, and corporate citizenship, driving positive change within organizations and communities.
- Leadership and Organizational Development: Applying experiential learning to develop leadership skills and drive organizational change, working in roles such as leadership development, talent management, or organizational effectiveness.
The curriculum of the MBA program will be delivered experientially, in a high-relationship setting, where students engage in direct experience activities designed to enhance their understanding of course content,
Students will also complete focused reflection where they consider how their experiences in courses are applicable to their work as leaders in businesses and organizations.
MBA 500 - Business Communication
Business Communication will examine the process of effective communication within and outside the organization. The course will focus on the study and application of written and oral communication to serve the organization. Students will examine how employees and management interact with each other as well as all stakeholders to best reach organizational goals.
MBA 510 - Leadership Theory and Practice
This course will examine how individuals and executives make decisions, set goals and provide direction for the organization. Students will gain a greater understanding of their own personal identities and study leadership approaches to help shape their own leadership styles. Students will learn how to collaborate, effectively manage and lead an organization toward specific goals and results.
MBA 520 - Financial Management
In the study of financial management, learners will study the principles of financial management and apply these principles to determine the required monetary resources and the effective allocation of those resources. Areas of study will include markets and institutions, investments and overall financial planning and management of the firm.
MBA 530 - Marketing Management
Learners will explore the role of marketing as it pertains to the overall organization and the strategic and operational impact on managers. Marketing managers coordinate, plan, and implement the marketing functions of an organization. This course offers a deeper understanding of marketing functions, including pricing, distribution, promotion, segmentation, research, and sales.
MBA 540 - Business Law and Ethics
Business Law and ethics will explore the rules that govern the dealings between individuals or companies involved in commercial matters. Students will build upon this foundation by examining business ethics and the role it plays to enhance the law and outline acceptable behaviors. Learners will research and analyze effective practices to set organizational standards and principles that define how a company conducts its business.
MBA 550 - Strategic Management
Strategic management is the ongoing planning, monitoring, analysis and assessment of all necessities an organization needs to meet its goals and objectives. Learners will examine the planning and positioning of an organization in alignment with the mission and strategic plan. Changes in business environments will require organizations and managers to constantly assess their strategies for success. Students will develop skills to lead a team and an organization through this process.
MBA 560 - Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship will study the risks and opportunities associated with starting and managing a business. Topics will include: What are the advantages and disadvantages facing owners of small businesses? What characteristics do successful entrepreneurs share? How do small businesses contribute to the U.S. economy? What trends are shaping entrepreneurship and small-business ownership?
MBA 570 - Business Analytics
Business analytics is the process of transforming data into insights to improve business decisions. Students will explore the process of collecting data, effectively selecting data, and analyzing data for informed decision making. This course will focus on a manager’s perspective for collecting and using data to improve operational efficiency across the organization.
MBA 580 - Project Management
Managers need to ensure the efficient and effective use of an organization's resources. Many businesses start out with a great idea or an opportunity. As operations ramp up, managers are often left without the knowledge or training for planning and organizing a project and its resources. This course will explore how managers can assure the vision of a project is met while supporting stakeholders and overall objectives through project management principles.
MBA 600 - Brevard MBA Experiential Capstone
The Experiential capstone will be a student-centered experience that places the learner as the focal point of this course. Learners will apply concepts and experiences from previous classes to design a final project that centers on their future. Each student will be required to reflect on their experiences in the program and then propose and complete a final product for evaluation. The product will combine areas of the students' own interests with research and professional experience. After completing the final assignment, students will engage in a focused reflection on their experience.
- Completed application for admission.
- Completion of a B.A. or B.S. degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
In some cases, the Admissions Office can offer conditional admission to students who fall below this criteria. Students conditionally admitted must maintain a 3.0 GPA in their first two semesters of graduate study.
Total Tuition for the program is $15,000.
- $1,500 per class as you go,
- a one-time payment of $15,000 for the entire program
- payment plan options
- create a link to payment options
Note on Textbooks: We are focused on quality and affordability in this program. We want up to date current content delivered by our faculty. As a result, most of the textbooks used in the MBA program are open source textbooks.
Open source textbooks offer numerous benefits to students and educators.
They are freely available, reducing financial burdens on students. They can be customized and updated ensuring relevant and up-to-date content. They promote collaboration and knowledge sharing, fostering a sense of community and empowering learners. Open source textbooks promote accessibility, equity, and inclusivity in education.
Would you like more information?
Fill out the form below and an MBA administrator will be in touch with you shortly!