Minor in Creative Writing
The Minor in Creative Writing produces talented creative writers. It also creates experienced individuals who are fully prepared to accomplish their professional goals.
Small class sizes mean that you get the attention and assistance you need in order to learn the way you want to. Moreover, working one-on-one with professors often leads to lifelong friendships, mentorships, and professional connections.
What you'll experience in the creative writing minor
- Learn how to effectively organize information into narrative, expressive, and communicative forms while strengthening your writing skills and techniques as a whole.
- Join the Brevard College Literary Society, an active student literary group that sponsors trips, such as recent ones to literary conferences to hear authors Robert Morgan and Ron Rash.
- Explore opportunities to contribute to, edit, and publish BC’s student newspaper The Clarion and BC's literary journal Chiaroscuro.
- Study with faculty who are also successful writers themselves and can provide the insight and mentorship that you need to succeed both in school and in your career.
- Explore opportunities to Serve as editorial assistant for The Pisgah Review, a national literary journal edited and published by Brevard faculty and students.
- Advertising Copywriter
- Arts Administrator
- Creative Director
- Digital Copywriter
- Editorial Assistant
- Magazine Journalist
- Newspaper Journalist
- Web Content Manager