Explore the arts in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Express yourself and discover who you are. Exceed your expectations and push boundaries during your education and career.
Brevard College's Theatre program offers an experiential approach to learning acting, directing, playwriting, stage design, stage management, costume design, and lighting design. This comprehensive approach, coupled with a rigorous curriculum, encourages creative problem solving, collaboration, resiliency, and above all, graduates with passion and integrity.
9 Areas of Emphasis
in the Theatre Program
By earning a Theatre degree from Brevard, you'll customize your focus across the areas of Theatre that most interest you. Our faculty will work closely with you to help you get the experience you need to grow into the career that matters most to you.
About the Theatre Program
Brevard College's Theatre Program immerses you in every aspect of production so that, no matter which career path you choose, you've got a 360º understanding about high-level theatre performances.
Graduates from the Theatre program are:
- Attending graduate school, most with scholarships and stipends
- Acting in professional theatre and film
- Writing and producing theatre and film
- Designing for Grammy Award Winning bands
- Stage Managing professional theatre
- Theme Park Event Management
- You'll learn by doing. We produce 4 shows a year, including a musical and a classic, as well as student work, showcases and fundraising events. This training allows for ample opportunity to work on stage and in the technical disciplines. You will network, collaborate and learn alongside artists from around the country with credits from The Public Theater, The Nomad Playhouse, Shakespeare Dallas, The Juilliard School, The Walnut Street Theatre, St. Louis Actors Studio, PlayMakers Repertory Company, Shakespeare Festival St. Louis, NBC News, Bread and Puppet Theatre, George Street Playhouse, and The Brevard Music Center among others. You will learn from faculty currently working in the field with relationships with nationally recognized theatre companies.
- Our students work. We currently have 100% placement in the industry upon graduation with either a professional contract or entrance to Graduate school. Here, you will learn to synthesize your experiences into practical and marketable skills. You will discover how to translate your academic interests and goals into internships, service projects, and career opportunities. We offer a number of scholarships each year to attend regional and national conferences including SETC (Southeastern Theatre Conference), NCTC (North Carolina Theatre Conference) and USITT (United States Institute for Theatre Technology).
- Student Focused. We offer small class sizes to suit your artistic and individual needs. You'll gain mentors within the Theatre faculty. You'll work closely with highly experienced professionals throughout your four years of study. The faculty offer extensive real-world experience in acting, directing, theatrical design and production, and provide the flexibility and support you need to specialize and define your artistic goals. Your studies will culminate in a senior capstone showcasing your growth and area of emphasis.
Theatre majors receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Theatre with the option to add Teacher Licensure. A Minor in Theatre is also available.
Areas of Emphasis
- Stage Design
- Stage Management
- Costume Design and Construction
- Hair and Makeup Design
- Props Design
- Lighting Design
Come experience the Brevard College Theatre Program for yourself!
Visitation is the best way to see if our Theatre Program is a good fit for you.