Brevard’s Teacher Licensure program offers a hands-on approach to education, instilling valuable tools of learning in students as they transition into careers as teachers. Brevard students don’t just study elementary science—they learn it by tracking Monarch butterflies. They don’t just memorize reading comprehension theory—they apply it by working as a literacy tutor to struggling readers. This program has students learning, and teaching, from their first day on the path to mentoring our next generation.
What you’ll experience in the TEACHER Licensure program:
- Service Learning places you in diverse settings such as Schenk Job Corps, Rise and Shine Freedom School, Boys and Girls Club, and El Centro.
- Field work gives you a glimpse of innovative school sites such as Expeditionary Learning School and Early College
- LEARN CHICAGO program offers immersion in English Language Learning and urban education.
- I-Pad Initiative prepares digitally savvy 21st century teachers.
- Discover student teaching opportunities in the surrounding county school systems early in your education.
Majors, Minors, and Concentrations:
Teacher Licensure areas include Agriculture Education, Elementary Education K-6, English 9-12, Mathematics 9-12, Science 9-12, Social Studies 9-12, Art K-12, Music K-12, Health and Physical Education K-12, and Theatre K-12. A Minor in Education is also available.
A Teacher Licensure from Brevard can lead to careers in a variety of fields:
- Literacy Skills and Kindergarten teacher - Ghana, West Africa
- Exceptional Children’s teacher; Transylvania County Teacher of the Year
- Early College teacher; graduate assistant, MA student in Mathematics
- Elementary Teacher; founder of chess club
- Science Teacher and Soccer Coach
Teacher Licensure Department Faculty:
Waterfall to Student Ratio
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.