In Brevard’s Teacher Licensure Program, you get to start learning, and teaching, and applying your knowledge from your first day on the path to mentoring our next generation.
Brevard College provides you with the tools you need as you go from the student to the teacher. Gain direct experience through both purposeful fieldwork and experiential teaching. At Brevard, you don’t just study elementary science—you learn it by tracking Monarch butterflies. You don’t just memorize reading comprehension theory—you get to apply it by working as a literacy tutor to struggling readers.
At Brevard College, you’ll gain the experience you need to confidently pursue your professional goals, complete with applied knowledge and a competitive teaching portfolio.
Brevard also offers a major in Childhood Education with two concentration areas: Elementary Education and (K-6) and Early Childhood Education (B-K).
What you'll experience in the Teacher Licensure program
- Service Learning places you in diverse settings such as Schenk Job Corps, Rise and Shine Freedom School, Boys and Girls Club, and El Centro.
- Field work gives you a glimpse of innovative school sites such as Expeditionary Learning School and Early College
- LEARN CHICAGO program offers immersion in English Language Learning and urban education.
- I-Pad Initiative prepares digitally savvy 21st century teachers.
- Discover student teaching opportunities in the surrounding county school systems early in your education.
MAJORS, MINORS, AND CONCENTRATIONS:
Teacher Licensure areas include Agriculture Education, Elementary Education K-6, English 9-12, Mathematics 9-12, Science 9-12, Social Studies 9-12, Art K-12, Music K-12, Health and Physical Education K-12, and Theatre K-12. Minors in Education, Experiential Education, and Early Childhood Education are also available.
- Elementary Teacher
- English Teacher
- Math Teacher
- Social Studies Teacher
- Art Teacher
- Music Teacher
- Health and PE Teacher
- Theatre Teacher
- Agricultural Education Teacher