The Brevard College football team’s season finale against the Liberty University Flames will be televised nationally on ESPN 3, marking the first time in school history an athletic contest will appear on an ESPN affiliate. Kickoff from Williams Stadium in Lynchburg, Virginia is set for 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 16. Saturday’s game will also be televised on the Big South Network and the Liberty Flame Regional Network.
The Tornados, who boast South Atlantic Conference wins over Mars Hill and Tusculum, will finish 6th in the SAC regardless of the outcome against Liberty.
Brevard Football Quick Facts:
- The Brevard rushing attack, fronted by Jordan Ollis and Kelvin Jeter, currently ranks 12th in the nation in Rushing Offense (259.5 yards per game)
- The Tornados offense is ranked 20th in the country in Red Zone Offense, scoring on 86.5% of red zone drives.
- Brevard has the 8th fewest turnovers in NCAA Division II this season.
- Tornado quarterbacks have only been intercepted twice this season, which is tied for the fewest in NCAA Division II.
- BC is 20th in the NCAA Division II in Turnover Margin (+10).
- Brevard is tied for 5th in the nation in Time of Possession, averaging 34 minutes per game.
- The Tornados are 31st in the nation in Pass Efficiency and 3rd in the NCAA Division II in Passing Yards per Completion while leading the SAC in both categories.
- Brevard’s kickoff return is 37th in the nation, averaging 22.02 yards per return this season.
- Brevard ranks 3rd nationally in fewest Penalty Yards per Game (26.60) and Fewest Penalties per Game (3.20).
- Brevard’s meeting with Liberty will be the first between the two programs.
- Liberty is BC’s second Big South opponent this season after the Tornados opened 2013 with a 42-24 loss at Presbyterian College on Sept. 7.
The Tornados wrapped up their 2013 home schedule this past Saturday with a 52-33 win over Tusculum in front of 1,250 fans. The Tornados played in front of a record 8,533 fans this season in their four home games.