Are you curious about how the universe got to be the way it is? The Astronomy Minor at Brevard College focuses on some of the most interesting physical phenomena in the universe. You’ll get to study the principles of astronomy and learn the mathematics and physics necessary to back it up.
Students in the Astronomy Program at Brevard College go above and beyond the information found in textbooks. They become problem solvers who are capable of thinking critically about and discussing the most complex questions about the universe. The Minor in Astronomy prepares you to be a competitive member of the workplace with the technical and interpretational skills to be successful in the modern world.
What you'll experience in the Astronomy minor:
- Explore everything from the subnuclear to the cosmological by gaining a foundation in planetary physics, the structure of the cosmos, and more.
- Study the history of astronomy and apply it to modern day practices through furthered research and application.
- Learn to map and navigate the night sky with experiential academics that make the world your classroom.
- Work with professors one-on-one to explore celestial phenomena thanks to Brevard’s small class sizes.
- Conduct your own research and learn to analyze and interpret information critically.
- Analyst / Data Scientist
- Astronomer / technician at a telescope facility
- Energy Resource Manager
- Research Manager
- Medical physicist
- Meteorologist / Climate scientist