In the Brevard mathematics program, you’ll put your education into practice.
This program is designed to prepare you for career paths including teaching, graduate school, business and finance, biomathematics, and many other options.
What you’ll experience in the Mathematics program:
- Use motion detectors in Calculus labs to relate position and velocity graphs.
- Participate in investigations involving coins, cards, and M&Ms in probability and statistics.
- Use MAPLE, MATLAB, and GEOMETER’s SKETCHPAD software to enhance learning in appropriate math classes and labs.
- Seniors in senior seminar get to teach faculty and peers about their research.
- Get the opportunity to study interesting topics like cosmology, combinatorics, and complex analysis.
Majors, Minors, and Concentrations:
Mathematics majors receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Mathematics. You can pair your Mathematics degree with a 9-12 Math Teacher Licensure.
For math majors not pursuing teacher licensure, an academic minor in another field (such as Business and Organizational Leadership, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, etc.) is encouraged. Minors in Mathematics and Physics & Astronomy are also available.
A Mathematics degree from Brevard can lead to careers in a variety of fields:
- Secondary Math teachers
- Academic Counselor
- Mathematics grad student
- Credit Union Employee - Customer Service
- Library Technician (double major in Mathematics and History)
Brevard College proudly maintains a partnership with the nearby Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute (PARI).
Mathematics Department Faculty:
Waterfall to Student Ratio
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.