Mathematics is everywhere in our world. It is a language for communicating. It is a building, a tree, an engineering project, and in the world of business, where data and mathematics determine how decisions are made.
This program is designed to prepare you for career paths, including teaching, graduate school, business and finance, biomathematics, and many other options.
Read this article on Brevard's Mathematics Program and the exceptional faculty who work with students to ensure their success.
When asked what makes the Math Department at Brevard College so great, the three professors smiled and pointed at one another. They genuinely enjoy working together and even more so, they enjoy teaching and building relationships with their students.
“To say that mathematics is about the study of numbers or computations is like saying that English is about the study of words or grammar,” says Dr. Wallis. “Grammar is an important tool of English, but ultimately grammar is not what English is about. Mathematics is about problem-solving and looking for patterns, which is more involved than thinking about math as computations and formulas.”
Continue reading The Mighty Math Program
About the Mathematics Program
Mathematics majors can enter into many fields or professions! Here's a small sample of what you can do with a Mathematics degree from Brevard College:
- Academic Counseling
- Business Analytics
- Hospital administration
- Environmental advocacy
- Technical and professional communication
- Graduate studies
Brevard College graduates have proven that you can do anything with a Mathematics degree. Below is a list of job titles of graduates from Brevard's Program:
- Marketing Manager
- Primary/Secondary Teacher
- Computer and Information System Manager
- Personal Finance Manager
- Computer Systems Analysist
- Industrial Engineer
- Human Resource Manager
- Electrical Engineer
- Use motion detectors in Calculus labs to relate position and velocity graphs.
- Participate in investigations involving coins, cards, and M&Ms in probability and statistics.
- Use MAPLE, MATLAB, and GEOMETER’s SKETCHPAD software to enhance learning in appropriate math classes and labs.
- Seniors in senior seminars get to teach faculty and peers about their research.
- Get the opportunity to study interesting topics like cosmology, combinatorics, and complex analysis.
Mathematics majors receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Mathematics. You can pair your Mathematics degree with a 9-12 Math Teacher Licensure.
For math majors not pursuing teacher licensure, an academic minor in another field (such as Business and Organizational Leadership, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, etc.) is encouraged. Minors in Mathematics and Physics & Astronomy are also available.
Come experience the Brevard College Mathematics Program for yourself!
Visitation is the best way to see if our Mathematics Program is a good fit for you.