The Ecology Studies Minor at Brevard College combines fundamental environmental studies with real-world problem-solving skills. You will graduate prepared to think critically about and address the ecological problems we experience today—and will face tomorrow. You'll also graduate as a competitive member of the workforce, ready and prepared to meet your professional goals.
As part of the program, you'll study in the beautiful, ecologically rich mountains surrounding Brevard College. You'll learn to address local and global challenges from an educated scientific perspective.
What you'll experience in the ecology minor
- Make the world your classroom and apply your studies through immersive field studies and research.
- Explore a wide variety of globally important topics such as climate change, conservation, managing natural resources, water quality, maintaining biodiversity, and environmental restoration.
- Gain applicable experience that prepares you to succeed in and outside of the classroom by applying fundamental studies to modern-day challenges.
- Work one-on-one with dedicated professors who are there to help you succeed. Our average class size is 15 students so faculty can give you the individual attention that you need.
- Discover opportunities to extend your knowledge in areas such as marine ecology, behavioral ecology, zoology, and evolutionary biology.
- Research Assistant
- Research Scientist
- Natural Resources Manager
- Wildlife Manager
Environmental studies department faculty
Student to Waterfall Ratio
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.