At Brevard College, the Education Minor teaches you the fundamental elements of education strategies and principles. It also provides you with the practical application and experience you need to be an outstanding educator.
With Brevard’s direct experience approach to learning, you’ll get to apply your studies to the real world through internships and fieldwork. Learn to approach education with a comprehensive perspective that takes into account the cognitive, social, and emotional wellbeing of the learner.
What you'll experience in the education minor
- Explore the history of educational thought, the politics and economics of education, theories of learning and cognition, educational strategies and techniques, and more with a wide range of education classes.
- Explore Brevard’s dedication to experiential academics and graduate prepared for your future and ready to take on your professional goals.
- Primary school teacher
- Secondary school teacher
- Child life specialist
- After-school program/youth organization director
- Camp director
- Adult education teacher
- Adult ESL, literacy, or GED teacher
- Prison system teacher
- Teaching abroad
- Guidance counselor
- Career counselor
- Education consultant
- Admission counselor/recruiter
- Instructional technology specialist
Brevard College is consistently recognized as one of the best liberal arts colleges. The College’s focus on experiential learning, small class sizes, and location the mountains of Western North Carolina near Asheville makes Brevard a top choice college for students around the world.
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.