Early Childhood Education Program
Brevard’s Early Childhood Education Program will acquaint you with developmentally appropriate practices for early childhood learning. The Early Childhood Education track of the Integrated Studies Major prepares you for the care and education of an increasingly assorted population of children.
You'll get to participate in class activities and field experiences to develop a more in-depth understanding of the role of the Early Childhood Educator. Brevard students also graduate prepared to accomplish their professional goals by taking part in guided classroom observation and applied activities that help you develop a professional teaching portfolio.
What you'll experience in the Early Childhood Education Program
- Learn more about early childhood development in a multi-faceted and experiential approach.
- Get the chance to work with children to learn and observe their developmental stages and see early childhood education in action.
- Study methods in teaching a wide range of subjects to explore and discover your interests, as well as become a well-rounded and experienced educator.
MAJORS, MINORS, AND CONCENTRATIONS
Integrated Studies majors receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Integrated Studies. You can choose to pair their Integrated Studies degree with Teacher Licensure to teach in elementary school, or pursue a special certificate program for early childhood education.
- Childcare Center Director
- Home-Based Service Provider
- Family Support Specialist
- Sales Representative
- Elementary School Teacher
- Teacher assistant
- Childcare worker
Brevard College is consistently recognized as one of the best liberal arts colleges. The College’s focus on experiential learning, small class sizes, and location the mountains of Western North Carolina near Asheville makes Brevard a top choice college for students around the world.
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.