Not all students fit the mold. If that's you, you'll thrive at Brevard College.
Brevard’s Integrated Studies Program allows you to pursue your passions and create your own future.
Combine studies in such fields as Political Science and Communications, Theatre and Business, or Wilderness Leadership and Psychology to follow your own path of learning and develop a unique skillset for entering the modern workplace.
It's a "build your own major" major and is tailored to you and your interests with the guidance and mentorship from Brevard's faculty.
About the Integrated Studies Program
Here's a small sample of what you can do with an Integrated Studies degree from Brevard College:
- Local Government Employee
- Program Developer for a Non-Profit
- Social Work Graduate Student
- Camp or Campus Ministry
- Public Administration Graduate Student
Brevard College graduates have proven that you can do anything with an Integrated Studies degree. Below is a list of job titles of graduates from Brevard's Program:
- Chief Executive
- Public Relations & Fundraising Manager
- Case Manager
- Software Project Manager
- Teacher (primary and secondary)
- Operations Manager
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Library Assistant
- Copy Writer
Here’s how students have tailored the Integrated Studies Program to fit their personal and career needs:
- Margaret researched the growing foster and homeless children population in Transylvania County. She designed an experimental residential community to address their educational, emotional, and social needs sustainably and efficiently.
- Chantel used her interest in political communications to intern as a “mitigation specialist,” which allowed her to work with people in the prison system to assess mitigating factors in their personal backgrounds that might reduce or revise their sentences.
- Jana combined her interests in Psychology, mountain biking, and Wilderness Leadership to design a wilderness adventure/therapy program for women with eating disorders.
- Lance applied his background in Wilderness Leadership and Experiential Education to design a model program for Student Outdoor Leadership Development.
Integrated Studies majors receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Integrated Studies. You can choose to pair their Integrated Studies degree with Teacher Licensure to teach in elementary school or pursue a special certificate program for Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education.
Virtually any minor program can be combined with a major in Integrated Studies to round out your academic interests and increase your marketability to prospective graduate schools or employers, such as Gender Studies and Leadership.
Come experience the Brevard College Integrated Studies Program for yourself!
Visitation is the best way to see if our Integrated Studies Program is a good fit for you.