The Journalism Program at Brevard College combines journalism and professional communications. This is a comprehensive program where you study and master successful and effective multimedia communication in the professional world.
You’ll develop high-level skills through a variety of courses designed to help you develop professional writing skills applicable in traditional formats and new media platforms. The Journalism and Professional Communication Program is designed to strengthen students’ skills across a wide range of majors.
At Brevard College, you’ll develop the skills you need to become a successful professional. Prepare for your future in and out of the classroom!
What you'll experience in the Journalism and Professional Communication Program
- Immersive classes that allow you to take charge of your education and learn the way you want to.
- Join the Brevard College Literary Society, an active student literary group that sponsors trips, such as recent ones to literary conferences to hear authors Robert Morgan and Ron Rash.
- Opportunities to contribute to, edit, and publish BC’s student-run newspaper The Clarion.
- Study with faculty who are also successful writers themselves and have the opportunity to develop lifelong friendships and mentorships with your professors.
- Opportunities to Serve as editorial assistant for The Pisgah Review, a national literary journal edited and published by Brevard faculty and students.
- Business executive
- Human relations manager
- Public relations manager
- Marketing executive
- Advertising executive
- Media planner
- Web content manager
- Advertising copywriter
- Digital copywriter
- Market researcher
- Multimedia specialist
- Science writer
Brevard College is consistently recognized as one of the best liberal arts colleges. The College’s focus on experiential learning, small class sizes, and location the mountains of Western North Carolina near Asheville makes Brevard a top choice college for students around the world.
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.