The Brevard College Student Body
Ethnicities Respresented in the Student Body:
67% identify as White
25% identify as a person of color, which includes:
- 14% who identify as Black
- 8% who identify as Latinx
- 2% who identify as Non-resident
5% identify with two more more ethnicities
2% identify as unknown
1% identify as Asian
WHERE ARE STUDENTS FROM?
Thirty (30) states and 9 countries are represented in the student body.
- 55% are from North Carolina.
- 43% are from out-of-state including:
- 24% from Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee
- 8% from Alabama, Florida, and Virginia
- 11% from remaining states
- 2% are from countries outside the U.S. including Brazil, Canada, Algeria, Ethiopia, Bolivia, Uruguay, England, and Australia.
Students also transfer from colleges and universities throughout the world including 2 and 4 year colleges.
NEW STUDENT ACADEMIC PROFILE:
Average GPA (unweighted): 3.19
Average SAT score (Math and Reading): 1063
Average ACT (composite): 21
43% identify as Women
57% identify as Men
27% are First Generation, which means their parents did not attend college
45% receive a Pell grant
78% live on-campus
55% participate in athletics
68%: First-to-Second Year Retention Rate
40%: Graduation Rate
88%: Faculty with terminal degrees or the highest degree in their respective fields
LIVE ON CAMPUS
PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETICS