The Brevard College Student Body
774 undergraduate students
10 graduate students
Ethnicities Represented in the Student Body
67% of students identify as White.
32% of students identify as a person of color, which includes:
- 14% who identify as Black
- 8% who identify as Latinx
- 5% of students identify with two more more ethnicities.
- 3% who identify as Non-resident
- 2% of students identify as an unknown ethnicity.
1% of students identify as Asian.
WHERE ARE STUDENTS FROM?
Thirty (30) states and 9 countries are represented in the student body.
- 55% are from North Carolina.
- 43% are from out-of-state including:
- 24% from Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- 8% from Alabama, Florida, and Virginia.
- 11% from remaining states.
- 2% are from countries outside the U.S. including Brazil, Canada, Algeria, Ethiopia, Bolivia, Uruguay, England, and Australia.
Students also transfer from colleges and universities throughout the world including 2 and 4 year colleges.
NEW STUDENT ACADEMIC PROFILE
Average GPA (unweighted): 3.23
Average SAT score (Math and Reading): 1054
Average ACT (composite): 21
43% identify as Women
57% identify as Men
27% are First Generation, which means their parents did not attend college
45% receive a Pell grant
78% live on-campus
55% participate in athletics
72%: First-to-Second Year Retention Rate
40%: Graduation Rate
88%: Faculty with terminal degrees or the highest degree in their respective fields
LIVE ON CAMPUS
PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETICS