Brevard College immerses you in the world of creation with the only bounds being the limits of imagination. Faculty nurture creativity through engagement with practicing artists and peers in the studio, classroom, and field settings.
The town of Brevard also supports the arts. Dozens of art galleries call Brevard "home," and the fourth Friday gallery walks allow visitors and locals alike to appreciate the creative spirit that is Brevard.
Art Information & Documents
What you’ll experience in the Art program:
- You’ll learn from and work with faculty who are active artists.
- You’ll visit museums, galleries, and other art venues.
- Regardless of your chosen concentration, you will experience comprehensive, project-based training across subjects. Brevard Art majors are trained in:
- Sculpture: steel fabrication and welding, iron pours, wood carving
- Photography: black and white processing, digital media
- Digital Media: typography, illustration, branding, posters
- Life Drawing: live models, gesture, skeleton and muscle studies
- Student Exhibits: annual student exhibitions and senior exhibitions
Majors, Minors, and Concentrations:
Art majors earn a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Art, with a required concentration in one of the following areas:
- Learn photographic composition, use of light, and working knowledge of both film and digital media.
- Learn painting principles, methods, materials, and gain a greater theoretical awareness and growth as a practicing artist.
- Learn how to apply sculpture theory to a variety of complex materials including sketches, models, and finished work.
- Digital Media
- Learn terminology and technique with visual design applications to page layout and digital print production.
- Art History
- Examine masterpieces throughout history including a critical examination of architecture and art.
A minor in Art or Art History and a Teacher Licensure in Art (K-12) is also available.
Graduates of the Art program include:
- Ceramicist and Professor of Art
- PhD in Art History and Visual Studies
- Photographer and Art Teacher
- Graduate studies in Museum Studies
- Independent Artist and Drawing Instructor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Art Therapist
- Web and Graphic Designer