Brevard College immerses you in the world of creation with the only bounds being the limits of imagination. Faculty nurture creativity through engagement with practicing artists and peers in the studio, classroom, and field settings.
The town of Brevard also supports the arts. Dozens of art galleries call Brevard "home," and the fourth Friday gallery walks allow visitors and locals alike to appreciate Brevard's creative spirit.
About the Art Program
Brevard College's Art Program helps you find a balance between creativity and the professional skills required to network and get your Art seen throughout the the world.
Art majors can enter into many fields or professions! Here's a small sample of what you can do with an Art degree from Brevard College:
- Ceramicist and Professor of Art
- Ph.D. in Art History and Visual Studies
- Photographer and Art Teacher
- Graduate studies in Museum Studies
- Independent Artist and Drawing Instructor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Art Therapist
- Web and Graphic Designer
Brevard College graduates have proven that you can do anything with an Art degree. Below is a list of job titles of graduates from Brevard's Art Program:
- Graphic Designer
- Data Architect
- Art Teacher
- Art Counselor
- Public Relations Social Media Manager
- Disc Jockey
- Software Developer
- Learn by doing. Create art using a variety of mediums and processes guided by experienced professionals. Be involved in iron pours, canvas building, and darkroom processes.
- Gain professional experience. Exhibit your work in local and student galleries, work alongside professors who are active in their fields, and develop your own creative space within the studios.
- Explore the world. Travel to nationally acclaimed museums, assist professors in research abroad and use the natural beauty of our location for inspiration.
Art majors earn a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Art, with a required concentration in one of the following areas:
- Learn photographic composition, use of light, and working knowledge of both film and digital media.
- Learn painting principles, methods, materials, and gain a greater theoretical awareness and growth as a practicing artist.
- Learn how to apply sculpture theory to a variety of complex materials including sketches, models, and finished work.
- Digital Media
- Learn terminology and technique with visual design applications to page layout and digital print production.
- Art History
- Examine masterpieces throughout history including a critical examination of architecture and art.
- Time-Based Media
- Explore the 4th dimension of art - time - using various equipment to record data and edit in non-linear editing platforms.
A minor in Art or Art History and Teacher Licensure in Art (K-12) are also available.
"I highly recommend Brevard for the opportunity to expand your thinking, enlighten your experience and to grow as a person."
Come experience the Brevard College Art Program for yourself!
Visitation is the best way to see if our Art Program is a good fit for you.