Brevard College’s music program immerses you in your craft, both on and off campus.
You’ll find a vibrant community of student musicians, a world-class performance facility, breathtaking scenery, and faculty who are passionate about your success.
The National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) has accredited Brevard College since 1967.
Schedule your campus visit experience and learn more about audition dates and scholarship opportunities for students of the fine arts.
Music majors can enter into many fields or professions!
Here's a small sample of what you can do with a Music degree from Brevard College:
- Arts Administration
- Children's Choir Director
- Church Musician
- High School Chorus Teacher
- Musical Editor
- Professional Opera Singer or Orchestra Member
Here are some samples of the accomplishments and positions held by BC Music graduates:
- High School Chorus Teacher
- Middle School Band Director
- Arts Administrator
- International Jazz Competition Winner
- Internationally touring performer
- Church Organist and Choirmaster
- Graduate schools: University of North Carolina (Greensboro and Chapel Hill); University of Tennessee; University of Colorado at Boulder; Shenandoah Conservatory; University of Kentucky
Brevard College graduates have proven that you can do anything with a Music degree. Below is a list of job titles of graduates from Brevard's Program:
- Professional Musician
- Music Teachers primary and secondary
- Talent Director
- Chief Executive
- Information Technology Project Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Public Relations & Fundraising Manager
- Band Director
- Studio Recording Musician
- Faculty who nurture and challenge, helping you reach your full potential
- Frequent performance opportunities and enthusiastic support from the community
- A professional accompanist as part of your applied study
- Trips to regional conferences, such as NATS, NCMEA, AMS, PASIC
- A community of collaboration: students and faculty, composers and performers, musicians and actors, artists, and poets.
- Rigorous training that will prepare you for grad school, performance, teaching, or careers in other fields
You can pursue:
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Bachelor of Arts in Music Education
- Minor in Music
You'll receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Music with concentrations in Performance, Teaching, Church Music, Composing & Editing, and Arts Administration. A minor in Music is also available.
The Paul Porter Center for Performing Arts
This state-of-the-art performance space is an outstanding resource for the College and the community. It serves as a:
- Musical performance space for Brevard College productions and students, the Brevard Music Center, the Brevard Philharmonic, and local and regional groups
- Performance and rehearsal space for Brevard College theatre productions
- Gathering place for special campus-wide events, celebrations, and galas
- Learn more about the Porter Center
Honors Wind and Brass Awards
The Music faculty is seeking outstanding Brass and Woodwind players to serve as leaders in our ensembles and ambassadors for the College. Top awards will be offered in these areas.
Brevard Choral Institute
Brevard College, in association with the Brevard Music Center, invites High School choral singers to attend a one-week intensive workshop at the Brevard Choral Institute.
You will attend professional concerts, sit in on rehearsals, and perform in a chorus for an enthusiastic audience.
You also will develop leadership skills, enjoy beautiful scenery, and create bonds with other students who share your passion for music.
Learn more about the Brevard Choral Institute https://brevard.edu/bci/