Chemistry (coming in Fall 2023!)
A major in Chemistry at Brevard College will strengthen your studies in other sciences and equip you to become an active professional in your field. Brevard students graduate prepared to confidently pursue their career with a strong education and the applied experience.
The new Chemistry major is currently undergoing curriculum creation and approval and is pending SACSCOC accreditation.
- Chemist and Material Scientist
- Chemistry Educator
- Chemical Engineer
- Chemical Plant Operator
- Chemistry Technician
- Environmental Scientists and Specialists
- Forensic Science Technician
- Manufacturing Quality Control Manager
- Medical Scientist
- Analytical Chemist
- Healthcare Scientist, Clinical Biochemistry
- Forensic Scientist
- Research Scientist (physical sciences)
- Study the matter of the universe with experiential opportunities for classes and projects.
- Explore the laws and properties of atoms and molecules.
- Look at the world of chemistry from multiple, career-specific perspectives like environmental or forensic approaches to chemistry.
- Explore the principles of chemistry, organic chemistry, environmental chemistry, and biochemistry to gain a comprehensive understanding of the subject.
- Study real-world forensic and environmental issues, as well as develop the critical thinking and problem-solving skills you need to provide solutions and answers.
You'll earn your Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Chemistry. You can also minor in Chemistry.