The Pre Med program at Brevard College will prepare you for continuing your education in the medical field. Gain the applied experience you desire—it's guaranteed to make your med school application more competitive. Your academic advisor will help you plan out your academic journey and ensure that you’re prepared for success in and out of the classroom.
What you'll experience in the pre med program
- Choose and complete a career-related internship outside of your classroom for academic credit.
- Build your professional resume by conducting your own research for your Senior Project.
- Collaborate with our esteemed faculty in immersive labs and classroom experiences.
- Explore a wide range of classes and establish a strong foundational education that will prepare you for success.
- Work one-on-one with dedicated, innovative faculty and develop lifelong friendships, mentorships, and connections.
MAJORS, MINORS, AND CONCENTRATIONS:
Students interested in pre-dentistry, pre-medicine, pre-nursing, pre-veterinary, and other pre-health professional school studies may major in Biology or Health Science Studies in the Division of Science and Mathematics or major in Integrated Studies with appropriate emphases. For acceptance to some professional schools, students may choose any major, taking courses required for the professional school in the Division of Science and Mathematics.
For acceptance to some professional schools, students may choose any major, taking courses required for the professional school in the Division of Science and Mathematics.
Studying Pre-medicine at Brevard can lead to careers in a variety of fields:
- Continue your education in grad school
- Hospital Administration
- Biomedical Equipment Technician
- Child Life Specialist
- Clinical Laboratory Research Technician
- Clinical Specialist
- Drug Information Specialist
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Forensic Scientist/Criminalist
- Geriatric Care
- Hospital Administrator
- Medical Technologist
- Medical Science Liaison
- Nurse Practitioner
- Patient Advocate
- Physical Therapist
- Physician Assistant
- Public Health Specialist
- Radiation Technician
- Surgical Technologist
Brevard College is consistently recognized as one of the best liberal arts colleges. The College’s focus on experiential learning, small class sizes, and location the mountains of Western North Carolina near Asheville makes Brevard a top choice college for students around the world.
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.