Minor in Elementary Education
In the Minor in Elementary Education at Brevard College, you’ll learn the fundamentals and foundations of early childhood education. You’ll gain the experience and immersive research necessary to prepare you for your future and professional goals.
The Elementary Education Minor combines early childhood development studies, educational strategies & experiential academics. Because Brevard College has you learning and teaching from your first day of classes, you'll find that you have everything you need to succeed both in and out of the classroom. When you graduate, you'll already be on the path of mentoring the next generation.
What you'll experience in the elementary education minor track
- Explore a wide range of classes and opportunities to help you become an effective and successful educator.
- Experience the education field for yourself with local internship opportunities.
- Learn to approach education with a comprehensive perspective that takes into account the cognitive, social, and emotional wellbeing of the learner.
- Instead of just memorizing critical topics like reading comprehension theory, put it into practice and gain valuable experience by working as a literacy tutor for struggling readers.
- Discover and further your interests with faculty who are dedicated to helping you succeed as well as opportunities to shape your education so you can learn the way you want to.
MAJORS, MINORS, AND CONCENTRATIONS
Integrated Studies majors receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Integrated Studies. You can choose to pair their Integrated Studies degree with Teacher Licensure to teach in elementary school, or pursue a special certificate program for early childhood education.
Virtually any minor program can be combined with a major in Integrated Studies to round out your academic interests and increase your marketability to prospective graduate schools or employers.
- K-6 teacher
- Special education teacher
- Elementary education administrator
- Instructional technology specialist
- Child life specialist
- After-school program/youth organization director
- Camp director
- Early childhood learning and development specialist