Minor in Chemistry
Explore and discover the world around you. Study the composition and characteristics of matter and investigate the laws that govern them. Brevard College is dedicated to experiential academics. This means that you’ll get to explore chemistry using an immersive approach focused on direct experience.
Earning a Minor in Chemistry at Brevard College will strengthen your studies in other sciences and equip you to become an active professional in your field. Brevard students graduate prepared to confidently pursue their career with a strong education and the applied experience to back it up.
What you'll experience in the Chemistry Minor
- Study the matter of the universe with experiential opportunities for classes and projects.
- Explore the laws and properties of atoms and molecules.
- Look at the world of chemistry from multiple different career-specific perspectives like environmental or forensic approaches to chemistry.
- Explore the principles of chemistry, organic chemistry, environmental chemistry, and biochemistry to gain a comprehensive understanding of the subject.
- Study real-world forensic and environmental issues, as well as develop the critical thinking and problem-solving skills you need to provide solutions and answers.
- Chemist and Material Scientist
- Chemistry Educator
- Chemical Engineer
- Chemical Plant Operator
- Chemistry Technician
- Environmental Scientist and Specialists
- Forensic Science Technician
- Manufacturing Quality Control Manager
- Medical Scientist
- Analytical chemist
- Chemical engineer
- Healthcare scientist, clinical biochemistry
- Forensic Scientist
- Research scientist (physical sciences)
General Science department faculty
Student to Waterfall Ratio
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.