Pre Med Program
The Pre Med program at Brevard College will prepare you for continuing your education in the medical field. Gain the applied experience you desire—it's guaranteed to make your med school application more competitive. Your academic advisor will help you plan out your academic journey and ensure that you’re prepared for success in and out of the classroom.
What you'll experience in the pre med program
- Choose and complete a career-related internship outside of your classroom for academic credit.
- Build your professional resume by conducting your own research for your Senior Project.
- Collaborate with our esteemed faculty in immersive labs and classroom experiences.
- Explore a wide range of classes and establish a strong foundational education that will prepare you for success.
- Work one-on-one with dedicated, innovative faculty and develop lifelong friendships, mentorships, and connections.
MAJORS, MINORS, AND CONCENTRATIONS:
In this pre-professional program, students may major in Biology or Health Science Studies in the Division of Mathematics or major in Integrated Studies with appropriate emphases.
For acceptance to some professional schools, students may choose any major, taking courses required for the professional school in the Division of Science and Mathematics.
Students interested in pre-dentistry, pre-medicine, pre-nursing, pre-veterinary, and other pre-health professional school study may major in Biology or Health Science Studies in the Division of Science and Mathematics or major in Integrated Studies with appropriate emphases. For acceptance to some professional schools, students may choose any major, taking courses required for the professional school in the Division of Science and Mathematics.
Studying Pre-medicine at Brevard can lead to careers in a variety of fields:
- Continue your education in grad school
- Hospital Administration
- Biomedical Equipment Technician
- Child Life Specialist
- Clinical Laboratory Research Technician
- Clinical Specialist
- Drug Information Specialist
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Forensic Scientist/Criminalist
- Geriatric Care
- Hospital Administrator
- Medical Technologist
- Medical Science Liaison
- Nurse Practitioner
- Patient Advocate
- Physical Therapist
- Physician Assistant
- Public Health Specialist
- Radiation Technician
- Surgical Technologist
Health Science department faculty
Student to Waterfall Ratio
Brevard College, One Brevard College Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 | 1-828-884-8332
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.