The Art History Concentration at Brevard College will provide you with a comprehensive art education that is as diverse culturally as it is geographically. The Art History Concentration will paint a clearer picture of how art has influenced entire societies across the ages and vice versa.
You may choose to concentrate in Art History as an Art major or you may choose to study Art History as a minor. Explore complex questions and ideas with dedicated Art faculty and staff.
What you'll experience in the art history concentration
- Have the opportunity to shape your own future and choose from a variety of courses that explore different regions, time periods, cultures, and themes.
- Explore how art, architecture, and material culture have shaped and continued to shape the world.
- Discover how art history continues to apply in the modern day.
- Make connections between historical pieces and your own work with studio classes.
- Art historian
- Commercial art gallery manager
- Heritage manager
- Museum/gallery curator
- Museum/gallery exhibitions officer
- Art history research assistant