The Art History Concentration at Brevard College will provide you with a comprehensive art education that is as diverse culturally as it is geographically. The Art History Concentration will paint a clearer picture of how art has influenced entire societies across the ages and vice versa.
As a student, you may choose to concentrate in Art History as an Art major or you may choose to study Art History as a minor.
Explore complex questions and ideas with dedicated Art faculty and staff. The direct experience approach to education at Brevard College will assist you in understanding why art matters in a global world.
What you'll experience in the art history concentration
- Have the opportunity to shape your own future and choose from a variety of courses that explore different regions, time periods, cultures, and themes.
- Explore how art, architecture, and material culture have shaped and continued to shape the world.
- Discover how art history continues to apply in the modern day.
- Make connections between historical pieces and your own work with studio classes.
- Art historian
- Commercial art gallery manager
- Heritage manager
- Museum/gallery curator
- Museum/gallery exhibitions officer
- Art history research assistant